YIELD 1 cobbler
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (21 ounce) cans fruit pie filling (Peach or Blackberry)
- cinnamon, to taste
- 25 charcoal, briquettes (at least)
- Place dutch oven over approximately 15 charcoal briquettes or over coals on a flat spot in the fire ring.
- Empty pie filling into Dutch oven.
- Spread dry cake mix on top of pie filling and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Cut butter or margarine into even sized pieces and arrange on top.
- Put lid on dutch oven and arrange 10 hot charcoal briquettes in a checkerboard pattern on top or scatter hot coals over lid.
- Bake until done (this could be anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes depending on how hot your fire/coals are).